The PLAXIS product team has unveiled PLAXIS 2D CONNECT Edition V20 is a powerful and user friendly finite element package intended for two-dimensional analysis of deformation and stability in geotechnical engineering and rock mechanics.
PLAXIS 2D CE V20.00.00 Release notes – Release: August 2019
New and improved features
Scripting Reference manual as a Jupyter notebook
– Easily learn Python-based remote scripting in PLAXIS with the new Scripting Reference manual. Sample scripts for each of the commands in PLAXIS 2D and 3D are offered in a Jupyter notebook. These samples can be run live in the software to see and understand what happens. You can also edit and rerun the samples and see the effect of your changes, offering a great way of learning-by-doing.
– To improve the support for scripting, material properties can now be set to an invalid state without directly getting an error message. The calculation still needs a valid dataset;
– A new validate command for materials was added which checks every property at once;
– PLAXIS Soiltest now supports command line and remote scripting;
– the checks in the checkgeometry command have been extended. In addition, it is now also possible to execute this command from the calculation modes;
– added command for checking the calculation conditions. These conditions are now also checked when running the calculate command;
– added interactive documentation for Python scripting layer (Python Notebooks);
– Interface pore pressure generation when adjacent soil uses Interpolate pore pressures is now been resolve;
– Display of plastic points could lead to an error. This is now resolved;
– Various meshing issues have been resolved;
– Other minor issues
The PLAXIS 2D and 3D CONNECT Edition now has a Scripting reference manual, learn-by-doing by changing and running live script examples.
PLAXIS Geotechnical Finite Element Analysis Software
Conquer any geotechnical project with confidence using PLAXIS. Design and perform advanced finite element analysis of soil and rock deformation and stability, as well as soil structure interaction and groundwater and heat flow. You will have what it takes to handle advanced constitutive models for the simulation of the nonlinear and time-dependent behavior of soils. Apply hydrostatic and nonhydrostatic pore pressures, model structures and the interaction between the structures and the soil, and take on projects of all types such as excavations, foundations, embankments, tunnels, mines, dredging, and more.
PLAXIS 2D is a powerful and user friendly finite element package intended for two-dimensional analysis of deformation and stability in geotechnical engineering and rock mechanics. PLAXIS is used worldwide by top engineering companies and institutions in the civil and geotechnical engineering industry. Applications range from excavations, embankment and foundations to tunnelling, mining and reservoir geomechanics.
PLAXIS is equipped with a broad range of advanced features to model a diverse range of geotechnical problems, all from within a single integrated software package.
PLAXIS uses predefined structural elements and loading types in a CAD-like environment. This empowers the user with fast and efficient model creation, allowing more time to interpret the results.
In this showreel, we display some models of dams and embankments made in PLAXIS 2D.